Yes - it's me! Alive and well, almost well. Things are absolutely crazy here - craZEE! Oy:
1a. Forgot the real best part - I had the absolute pleasure of meeting our fabulous Thalia over the summer! We stayed a night in London on our way to my brother in law's wedding and had a lovely walk in St. James' park and dinner with T and Pob. She is just as fabulous as you'd think - had such a nice time and Pob is a complete darling - gorgeous and so polite. She even shared her ice cream with E!
1. We're trying to buy a new house because of the schools situation in Boston. A didn't get in to the lottery which precludes her from mandatory K2 in a local school next year - therefore, she would be bussed (MY ASS!) driven to school away from home and then who knows what would happen with E. I started a parents REVOLUTION! YEAH! Power to the people - but people don't like to actually, y'know, do anything, so it's a facebook group of 270 or so and a powermom's group of 6 (we have had a couple of civil unresty kinds of things and I had to go on some local teevee shows, which blew royally b/c that ain't my bag baby. BUT. That's alright - we still take care of business. Change is a'comin', but not in time for A, so I'm outta here - dude.
2. Ready to lose my S.H.I.T. over this mortgage for the new house situation. Long story, but we're trying to get a new mortgage while we still own our house and this, that and the other makes for very stressful times. P&S is supposedly on Friday, but I want to be assured we can get a mortgage for the new house before I fork over money I may never see again.
3. Fruitflys. Really? At the end of September? Die, fuckers!
4. Children grow really fast - did you know? FUCKS SAKES! A even said the other day that she wanted to stop growing. Me too lovey, me too. The boy is absolutely gargantuan. GARGANTUAN did I mention? A had a playdate the other day and I brought him into the house to pick her up - he barreled over the lady of the house (slight thing, but still, she's an adult). I'm in for it with these two. They are gorgeous though and lots of fun. Sometimes it's screaming, not so much fun, fun, but it's still - you know. Fun. Especially after the first glass of wine.
5. I save the best for last. Remember that oh so enjoyable high fsh I fooled around with during my treatments? Well get ready to salivate in envy ladies - I BELIEVE I'M STARTING THE CHANGE. Oh yes, read in green. I've been having a lot of pain lately on my very regular periods which I spoke to my gp about to try to get rid of (bcps - hahah - not gonna happen!) - she doesn't do uterine ablation and my insurance issue is another post entirely. So Sunday I went to zumba in the morning (still an addict) and felt entirely hot sifting through papers later in the day (remember the moving thing). I looked around and there was no fire burning under my feet, so wondered what the deal was. When it happened again later in the day and the fire was not under my feet, but within, I said "ah! Thank you Serono." I wanted to get rid of those pesky periods and my contribution to your bottom line made it possible!
Must dash - Jon Stewart is on - are you going to the dueling rallies (rock on Colbert!)? I am and am VERY excited. We're just trying to leisurely determine where we're going to stay - Alexandria or Arlington (opinions??) because of course, there are no hotel rooms left within my budget in DC!!